LEDGER – After a long selection process and strong competition that started with 99 submitted applications from 26 countries, the EU-funded MVP Venture Builder for human-centric solutions has held its final Jury Day on Thursday the 29th of April 2021 where 18 finalists competed for up to 9 available programme spots, including mentoring services and up to 150.000EUR in equity-free funding.
The 9 selected teams to join the 3rd and final round of LEDGER are:
- Anastasis– password-less key recovery via multi-factor multi-party authentication.
- /e/ – a desirable, open-source, privacy-by-design mobile ecosystem.
- Fairbnb – booking cooperative platform that aims to limit the negative effects of tourism and amplifying its positive elements for local economies.
- NYM-B2B – privacy infrastructure that can scale any Internet application using blockchain technology.
- Patio – an open-sourced data hub connecting smart building data (secured in Distributed Ledger Technologies) to a SaaS management tool for Homeowners Associations.
- SafePKT – internet by the people, for the people.
- Sensix – an open-source electric meter & power analyser – small, affordable, high-end and high-precision.
- TWINDS ID – a disposable Identities Privacy Toolkit comprising an open-source software development kit (SDK) for privacy-enhancing technologies, linking Temporary Anonymous ID’s into Verified ID’s
- YouChoose – a browser extension for users to gain back control over their online content recommendations. Not-for-profit, democratically governed, it aims to restore European algorithmic sovereignty.
LEDGER would also like to thank the other 9 finalists who, although not making it this time, are all pioneers that will shape the Next Generation Internet.
Please meet them here:
eBikePS – a microGRID platform for solar charging eBikes and other portable smart devices in mountainous areas, in order to foster rural tourism and accessibility.
IOC – a search protocol for music rights, empowering music creators to be found & paid while streaming providers reduce their enormous liabilities.
Moncon– a content paywall that allows publishers to monetize content with micropayments, subscriptions and the creation of digital assets.
PlanBase– open-source web-based planning portal for public consultation in 3D.
R@H – an open-source platform for patients to control their data and engage in decentralized clinical research.
RULEBOOK– an API and ledger to automate human-centric data sharing contracts.
The Cube – as a personal data sharing intermediary, it works on a consent blockchain that will be Common for all players of their ecosystem.
THX – blockchain infrastructure to embed fintech in any application, increasing reputation, data sovereignty, engagement and revenue.
Vocdoni – implementation of a universally verifiable voting system based on decentralised identity & focused on UX and accessibility from smartphones.
Congratulations and thank you to all participants!